Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow

It's still very snowy in Southampton, which is unusual for this part of the world. I took Spike for a long walk on the common. He enjoyed himself and seemed to take great pleasure in running off into the bushes with his ball and then emerging a few moments later without it.


I still can't get over how much snow there is. I have lived in Southampton for years and the most snow I have seen before this was last year, when there was snow on the ground for approximately one day. By contrast, this snow has been here since Tuesday evening and is only just starting to melt now.

There were countless snowmen on the common. One of them seemed bigger than the rest, even from a very long way away.


Getting close, it became apparent that this was a seriously big snowman. So big that even Spike was almost impressed.



The lake was still frozen over too. I thought that this was very dangerous but it turned out that there was barely any water beneath the ice.


I can't decide if I want it to remain this snowy. On the plus side, snow is awesome and this is the first time in eight years that we've had much of it. On the negative side, after a week of working from home, it might be nice to actually be able to get to work.

1 comment:

sheepette said...

but Totton hasn't had nearly as much snow. (sad face)